The Perspectives Tour is an educational trip to Israel and the Palestinian Territories. The purpose of this trip is to give 10-15 QC students - from any ethnic, religious, and cultural background - the opportunity to engage in complex and nuanced conversations about the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, in an immersive and inclusive way. Apply here>>> http://bit.ly/2QJ1Ua8
Dates: January 2- January 9 ,2020
Some Things You Might Get to Do:
- Explore the Old City of Jerusalem - including the Christian, Muslim and Jewish quarters
- Hear speakers from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences: Israelis and Palestinians, religious and secular, experts and grassroots activists
- Guided tour of the security wall/separation barrier
- Explore Haifa's Baha'i Gardens, the most holy site for the Bahai faith
- Guided tour in Bethlehem, in the West Bank, including the Church of the Nativity, and lunch with the Mayor
- Visit 2 college campuses, to discuss ways to improve campus diversity and inclusion initiatives
Cost: This trip is heavily subsidized. The only cost to students is a $150 deposit, of which $50 will be refunded after the successful completion of the trip. All flights, hotels, travel and 2 meals per day (participants will also have free time during some meals to explore) are included.
Who Is Eligible?
Any QC undergraduate student, so long as they are not in their last year of classes.
What Happens After I Apply?
We will reach out, via email, and set up a time for an in-person conversation. The purpose of the conversation is to get to know you better, and make sure you're ready for the Perspectives Tour. Applicants will be informed of their acceptance in early-mid December.
We require all participants to attend 2 pre-trip meetings and 2 post-trip gatherings during the Spring 2020 semester.
Apply here>>> http://bit.ly/2QJ1Ua8